Haven’t picked up a gift for the old man yet? With Father’s Day just a few days away, I thought I’d give some whiskey and whiskey-related gift recommendations, in no particular order. I’ve linked to a full review where available.
- Booker’s Bourbon Batch 2015-02 – Big bourbon flavors in this barrel-proof offering from Jim Beam. $55
- George Dickel No. 12 Tennessee Whisky – A no-nonsense whisky with caramel, vanilla and oak flavors. $30
- Forged Oak Bourbon – A limited release from Orphan Barrel, but still available, bourbon that’s big on oak. $65
- Alberta Rye Whisky Dark Batch – A little added sherry gives this Canadian rye whisky an interesting flavor profile. $30
- The Balvenie Caribbean Cask 14 Year Old Single Malt Scotch – A full review coming later. This is a great transition to Scotch for the bourbon drinker. The rum cask maturation really sweetens things up. $65
- Johnnie Walker Platinum Label – Full review coming in a few weeks. One of Johnnie Walker’s newest releases, this 18 year old expression turns up the fruit and adds a little smokiness. $99
- Four Roses Single Barrel Bourbon – A robust 100 proof bourbon full of caramel, spice and fruit. Look out for a barrel proof version from your liquor store. $50
- Bourbon Empire by Reid Mitenbuler – A great read. Mitenbuler covers bourbon’s history, unraveling those tall tales we read about all the time. $19 at amazon.
- Glencairn Whisky Glass – There’s no better way to nose and appreciate whisky than drinking out of a Glencairn glass. It’s how I sample my whisky. glencairnwhiskyglass.com
- Tovolo Ice Sphere Mold – Looks cool in your glass, but more importantly the ice dilutes very slowly. tovolo.com